Last year’s census was a huge success and we are looking forward to another incredible year! We want to thank everyone who has volunteered in the past for the census. Thank you for all your hard work and support! The census is so lucky to have amazing volunteers like you! All of your efforts are very much appreciated and are so important to the census and to Burning Man!
We are currently seeking volunteers for a variety of activities for the 2013 Black Rock City Census, on and off playa.
Some of the jobs we need help with are as follows:
- Coordinators: serious work with the team doing pre-event planning (e.g. planning and executing the keypunch, designing sampling procedures, managing volunteers, etc.)
- Census Display Designers/Builders: artistic people needed to design the display (graphs from last year’s census and template will be provided), the census form layout, signs made, (we already have a logo!)
- Sampler Shift Leads: leading the random sample (coming pre-event, receiving special training, sampling daily at the Gate during ingress, and then being a sampler shift lead once or twice during the week)
- Sampler Volunteers: sampling shifts involve going to the Gate in a big team and asking people in their cars to participate
- Keypunchers – on-playa at the Census Lab entering the data from the Gate sample
- Census Lab – setup, decorating, paper-mache the office, greeting people, explaining the Decompressing Survey, cleaning up throughout the week, and striking the Lab at the end of the week
If any of these positions sound like fun and you would like to volunteer for the Black Rock City Census this year, please contact Indiana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and can’t wait to see all you beautiful people on the playa!